As the world continues to navigate the challenges imposed by COVID-19, we remain most concerned about the health and safety of our employees, our clients, our families and friends and everyone across the globe who are struggling to adapt to this new reality. With the continued progression and concern about the virus, The Inception Company has implemented new policies which will remain in effect for as long as necessary. The way we do business is also changing dramatically and we are continuing to innovate and invest in order to support the ever-growing demand for virtual communications.
Additional services that have recently been introduced to give our clients more options to engage:
- An even more streamlined self-serve webconferencing model
- A broadcast option that is completely remote, using only a computer, webcam and slide feeds that are streamed via our proprietary media platform
- Technology that allows for two thirds of our typical control room staff to produce shows remotely from home
- Additional professional moderators in the event our clients or their customers cannot get to the studio to moderate a Pando event or host a broadcast
- Changing the length of time that a production can be held tentatively on our production calendar from indefinitely to one week as a means to accommodate as many clients as possible
In addition, we are redeploying staff from other departments to support our virtual meeting business, as well as adding new hires and freelance resources. Our clients have always trusted us to help them engage more fully with their stakeholder audiences and now, more than ever, it is critical that they can continue to do so effortlessly.
Our manifesto reads, in part, “We make the impossible possible every day and we make it look easy. And as the world evolves, we will eagerly adapt to continue bringing the most cutting-edge solutions to the marketplace.” When those words were written, we could not have envisioned we would be adapting to meet the challenges of a global pandemic, but it is who we are and what we do. We are committed to continued innovation and support of our clients during these challenging times and in the days ahead.
We are asking our employees to stay home if they or a family member have symptoms of acute respiratory illness until they are free of fever, signs of fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours as recommended by the CDC.
Workplace Health & Hygiene
We have many employees and studio crew who are essential to our on-site success and it is absolutely critical that we maintain strict workplace health standards and behaviors to protect them and our clients. Towards that end, we have initiated the following:
- Upholding personal hygiene habits: (e.g., cleaning hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60-95% alcohol, or washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; cleaning personal workplaces with disinfecting wipes, etc.)
- Contracting routine and fully documented hospital-grade disinfecting of the Fairfield studio and office space following each client event
- Installing hand cleaning/Purell stations in all locations
- Installing appropriate workplace health signage
- Mandating only essential on-site client attendance. We ask all clients to refrain from visiting our facilities if they have traveled to any country on the CDC Travel Health Notices List or have come in contact with someone who has traveled to a country listed on the CDC Travel Health Notices list in the past 14 days.
- Discontinuing all in-studio client “demos” of our capabilities and platforms
- Mandating boxed meals instead of buffet-style meals for both clients and crew
- Limiting on-site makeup/stylist services and options
Given growing concerns regarding airports and airlines, we are prohibiting all employee business-related air travel until further notice. We are working diligently with our clients to determine how to effectively navigate currently-planned programs that ordinarily would have required travel.
We understand that helping the marketplace solve challenges and remain vital through virtual meeting technologies, services and support is critical at this difficult time and we want to keep working – and keep helping – as much as possible and for as long as possible. We remain committed to serving our clients with the same standard of excellence that we always have, while doing everything necessary to protect the health and well-being of all who depend on us.
With sincere thanks, admiration and hopes for a brighter, healthy tomorrow.
CEO, The Inception Company