This policy governs Web sites owned and operated by The Inception Company. Our policy does not govern Web sites of other parties to which we may provide links, because The Inception Company is not responsible, and cannot control the privacy practices or content of those sites. To demonstrate our commitment to fair information practices, we have adopted leading communications industry privacy guidelines. We want to give you the comfort and confidence you need to fully participate in our online offerings so that we can better serve your needs. Therefore, here are the principles governing our information practices and other privacy aspects of our Web sites:
Collection of Information
- The Inception Company collects individual identifying information when you register for an The Inception Company account or program, use certain The Inception Company products or services, when you visit The Inception Company pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. The Inception Company may also receive Individual Identifying Information from our business partners and clients.
- When you register at an The Inception Company website, we may ask for your name, email address, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests, or other information. Once you register with The Inception Company and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- The Inception Company also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Inception Digital cookie information and the page you requested.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To provide information to enable you to prepare and connect to a program for which you have registered.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
- The Inception Company will not sell or rent your Individual Identifying Information to anyone.
- The Inception Company will send your Individual Identifying Information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or services you have requested;
- We need to send the information to the companies who work on behalf of The Inception Company to provide a product or service to you (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the Individual Identifying Information we provide them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We find that your actions on our websites violate the The Inception Company Terms of Service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- We are providing this site as part of a contracted service to a 3rd party; the 3rd party is a recipient of the same information as The Inception Company.
The Inception Company Prospect Opt Out Profile
If you would prefer not to receive messages from The Inception Company in the future, please indicate your preferences through the following email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Inception Company respects your privacy and will not sell or rent your personal Information
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
IP Information Collections and Use Practices
- The Inception Company received IP address from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a Web Page.
- Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases when you register with The Inception Company.
- When an The Inception Company web page is requested and viewed that request is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific Web company or ISP.
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting The Inception Company from specific countries or regions of the world.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a Web site’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive, Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browse only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices about cookies
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “help” menu in your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use The Inception Company’s products or services that require you to “sign in”, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many The Inception Company products and services do not require that you accept cookies.
The Inception Company’s Practices Regarding Cookies
- Access your information when you “Sign in,” so that we can provide you with customized content.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using The Inception Company services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on The Inception Company.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve The Inception Company’s content and services.
- Require you to re-enter your The Inception Company password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- When you register with The Inception Company or submit information to The Inception Company, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human error.
- The Inception Company keeps your account information active in our user registration database in order to provide immediate access to your personalization preferences each time you visit Inception Digital.
- If you ask The Inception Company to delete your The Inception Company account, in most cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user registration database in approximately 30 days. The delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
- Please note that any information that we have copies of may remain in a back-up storage for some period of time after deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
- The Inception Company computers (called “servers”) that send your Web pages and advertising banners process and store enormous amount of information every day. These computer records are called “log files”
- Log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as described above. After this information has been used, it is stored and is inaccessible. Until the information is stored, your The Inception Company ID may remain active in our server log files.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.